October 21, 2020

News PK

Latest Updates

Armenia shares video of attack on Azerbaijani military convoy

The Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia has posted on social media a new short video of an attack on an Azerbaijani military convoy in Nagorno-Karabakh.

Armenian military have released a video they say shows a deadly attack on an Azerbaijani military convoy composed of infantry fighting vehicles and military trucks.

Some sources claim that the video shows a convoy of Azerbaijani BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles trying to break through damaged Armenian military trucks.

– ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW –

Armenia’s Defense Ministry posted the video online on 27 September.

The governments of both countries reported action with tanks, military helicopters and artillery in a rapid escalation of a long-simmering conflict.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry said earlier on the same day that Armenia had launched large-scale attacks against its civilians and military, with Baku launching a retaliatory operation along the “contact line” – a heavily-mined no-man’s-land that separates Armenian-backed forces from Azerbaijani troops in the region.

The president said that the fallen among Azerbaijan’s civilians and military would be avenged and that Azerbaijan would defend its territory.

In a televised address to the nation, Aliyev vowed victory over Armenian forces.

“Our cause is just and we will win,” Aliyev said, repeating a famous quote from Soviet leader Joseph Stalin’s address at the outbreak of World War II with Nazi Germany.

“Azerbaijani army is fighting on its territory,” he said.